cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dumbhead123
Contributor

Smart Console Issue

Hi Team,

We have encountered a problem with Check Point Smart Console while connecting to some of our gateways (not all). When we open a gateway and go to any of the options on the left the smart console is asking to allow changes in Windows registry and no matter if we click yes or now it returns an error " Smart Console experienced serious problem and must be closed immediately. Techincal information saved in ........." 

Refer below error screen shot, and attaching debug logs Time stamp 28April 2021 13:45;00 -- 13:57:00

Smrt Console version R80.40 _994000422

Appreciate any feedback/suggestion to fix this out.

Smart console error.JPG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There may be a new build of SmartConsole to try…I’d check that.
Otherwise, a TAC case is probably necessary here.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@PhoneBoy is corect. Try new build os smart console, not a bad idea. Personally, besides that, I would attempt below.

-uninstall/reinstall smart console and test

-if above fails, cpstop/cpstart on mgmt server

-if that fails, then maybe try rebooting

-if reboot fails to solve the problem, then there is something more serious going on that may require TAC assistance. 

Honestly, its possible that something may have gotten corrupted on your server. When did this start happening?

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

You can also download and run a Portable SmartConsole just to isolate the issue (if related to the installed copy)

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hi Tal,

Im pretty positive portable console is mostly for cloud instances, thats what I use it for.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi again,

Did you try any of the suggested solutions? 

We would like to help understand and resolve the issue.

Thanks

Tal

dumbhead123
Contributor

@Tal_Paz-Fridman @PhoneBoy @the_rock 

Many thanks for your inputs.

Installing Build_423 indeed resolved the issue!!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events