Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicholas_Moore
Participant

Smart Console Cannot log into R80.30 Management Server

For the last several months my team has been unable to reliably log into Smart Console.  We receive the following error messages:

"The operation timed out."  

and

"An error occurred receiving the HTTP response to https://xxxxxxx/cpmws/LoginSvcRemote?wsdl. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not use the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details."

We have Diamond support.  We have no answers.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  We have been locked out for minutes, hours and days at a time.  There doesn't appear to be any urgency from support to get this resolved. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nicholas_Moore
Participant

Does anyone know of tools that can export my Check Point obejcts and rules to Cisco or Palo Alto?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Schlifka
Contributor

Hi,

you can use sk120342/sk64501 to export the policy-package as json/xml and then parse it and resolve policy and objects.
Then you can use a scripting language of your choice to translate the data to the required import format. Setup on PA/cisco side depends on how you want to deploy. For ssh you would just generate some batch files and install them chunkwise via copy and paste.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What's the hardware (cores, RAM) you're running management on?
Can you send me in PM ticket(s) you've opened on this?
0 Kudos
Nicholas_Moore
Participant

Smart-1 5150 with 24 cores and 128GB RAM.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Could possibly be a stability issue with fwm or cpm processes, what does cpwd_admin list say?

What are the specs of the SMS hardware?

Also check the health of your RAID setup (if applicable), and the underlying hard disks via /var/log/messages*.  Also any hardware issues being noted by cpstat -f sensors os?  Failing hardware can cause some strange effects that are hard to pin down.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Hi,

I got the same problem. Did you solve it. Any idea?

But my hardware is 12400, standalone configuration.

Software -- R80.40.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Markus_Genser
Contributor

Hello!

I ran into this issue myself after a upgrade from R80.20 to R80.30 and installed jumbo 155.

A quick fix was after waiting and seeing the java process constantly on 20-40% CPU usage to perform a cprestart.

After this the SMS started correctly.

Have a look at the latest ongoing JHFA take with take 163 Check Point fixed following issue:

PRJ-3039,
PMTR-39305
Security ManagementIn some scenarios, the Management Server takes a long time to start or even fails to start.

Sadly no corresponding SK to verify the issue and I haven't yet installed the ongoing take.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
Markus_Genser
Contributor

In addition to my previous post, the same ongoing take 163 fixes following issue:

PRJ-7413,
CPM-2541
Security ManagementIn a rare scenario, all users connected to the Management Server get disconnected and new logins fail until the Management Server is restarted.

Which sounds like the issue Nicholas_Moore was describing.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events