Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grigoriy
Contributor
Jump to solution

SMS R80.10-to-R80.40 migration

Good day, dear Checkmates

Finally, we are on our way of The Management Server R80.10-to-R80.40 migration.

Our Management Server is - Smart1- 525 appliance, no multi-domain, R80.10 JHF T279, Endpoint Policy Management is disabled.

For migrate export we used the last version of tools for R80.40 from the site – the process has finished successfully (with –exclude-uepm-postgres-db).

But before implementing import in production I wanted to check migrate import in the lab.

The lab OpenServer SMS is – R80.40 + JHF T173, 16 Gb RAM, 150 Gb HDD

But unfortunately bumped into problem of migrate import process - the tool stuck on "Importing files….":

Grigoriy_0-1664430256628.png

The log /opt/CPshrd-R80.40/log/migrate-2022.09.27_*****.log stopped here and no any changes for almost 48 hours:

Grigoriy_1-1664430256636.png

So, please, can you suggest something? What can be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

(1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

That should be enough to handle the import in max 5 hours, depending on the number of rules and objects.

Open a TAC case..

Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Grigoriy
Contributor

Finally resolved the issue by using Clean install via CPUSE from Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz package. then did ./migrate import, and then installed Jumbo HF for Gaia R80.40

Database backup (600 Mb) was exported in 30 minutes.

Grigoriy
Contributor

Hello,

First, I downloaded  Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz from Checkpoint site:

Grigoriy_5-1674790975552.jpeg

Then, I uploaded tgz to appliance via Gaia web-gui and finally used this menu in CPUse (this is "using Clean install via CPUSE from Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz package"):

Grigoriy_6-1674790975552.png

(1)
7 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

There's a few things this could be caused by, and most of them require some internal scripts to resolve. Best to open a TAC case at this point so that the issue can be more deeply looked at.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

How big is the policy, how many objects?

How much memory do you have in the open server and how many CPU's? 2 cores is the absolute minimum and 4GB as well.

A number of hours is normal but 48 hours is quite a lot.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Grigoriy
Contributor

Hi, Maarten.

Open Server has 16 Gb RAM, and 4 cores CPU

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

That should be enough to handle the import in max 5 hours, depending on the number of rules and objects.

Open a TAC case..

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Grigoriy
Contributor

Finally resolved the issue by using Clean install via CPUSE from Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz package. then did ./migrate import, and then installed Jumbo HF for Gaia R80.40

Database backup (600 Mb) was exported in 30 minutes.

eltonsimoes
Contributor

@Grigoriy, thanks for sharing the problem and solution. However, I have the same problem and it was not clear what you did when you said "using Clean install via CPUSE from Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz package".

Could you detail better? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Grigoriy
Contributor

Hello,

First, I downloaded  Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz from Checkpoint site:

Grigoriy_5-1674790975552.jpeg

Then, I uploaded tgz to appliance via Gaia web-gui and finally used this menu in CPUse (this is "using Clean install via CPUSE from Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.tgz package"):

Grigoriy_6-1674790975552.png

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events