Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor
Jump to solution

R80.20.M1 SmartConsole coexisting with R80.20

Hello,

Has anyone figured out a way to have the R80.20.M1 and R80.20 SmartConsole installed and coexisting on the same machine?  I have customers on both versions and it's inconvenient having to uninstall one version to install the other version to make a change, then uninstall and install the other version again, sometimes several times a day.  Can they be made to co-exist?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

They only option I see accomplishing this might be using the portable versions of Check Point SmartConsole (sk116158).

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Confirmed, this is what I do.

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Limited success with this method.  I've got R80.20 GA installed and that works fine.  I've downloaded R80.20.M1 Portable and unzipped to a new folder.  When I run it I get an error:

This happens when I run "FwPolicy.exe" normally or "run as administrator".

If I fire up the full install of R80.20.M1 that logs in with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this error while using the Portable version?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Use Portable SmartConsole: R80.20 - Portable SmartConsole + Tips and Tricks

But before you decompress the ZIP file, do the following to resolve this error: "Failure while deserializing object of type" error in SmartConsole when trying to connect to Securit...

biskit
Advisor

Thanks Dameon Welch-Abernathy, that's working a treat now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Just wanted to mention that we heard the feedback from the field on this issue and in the upcoming R80.20.M2, we plan to enable side-by-side installation with R80.20 GA (and other Mx releases).

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events