Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ED
Advisor
Jump to solution

Packet Mode search

Hi everyone,

I just tried the new feature in R80.10 called packet mode while searching my policy. But in my case I got an error while searching. No matter what I try to search it fails with this error message. Any idea what the problem could be? R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix Take 42 is installed. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ED
Advisor

My problem was fixed by a script that I got from https://community.checkpoint.com/people/ranko795bc55d-ed02-437c-a4f3-88d212bddb02. Thank you so much, great community! It will also be fixed in one of the next JHFs. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Anything interesting in $FWDIR/log/cpm.elg or $FWDIR/log/fwm.elg?

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

I ran tail -f $FWDIR/log/cpm.elg while I was trying to do a new search in packet mode. Attached is the error that was thrown.

0 Kudos
KennyManrique
Advisor

Have you tried to search with IP addresses instead object names?

I got the same error message "An error ocurred while searching" when try to search object names in packet mode. It works using IP address but sometimes the results are incorrect.

Currently I am using R80.10 SmartConsole Build 005 for connect to R80.10 HFA42 Open Server.

Regards.

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

I tried using IP addresses instead but got same error. I have same version of SmartConsole and management as you. 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Kenny, please proceed with a task so that Check Point Support will be able to analyze your root cause. obj names should work at all cases.

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Enis,

For your specific error message as seen in cpm.elg I would like to share the fix. This happens in specific upgrade scenarios, so I would also like to ask you can you please describe your upgrade steps? Did you use R80 and then upgraded to R80.10 via CPUSE? Is this a Multi-Domain environment?

A workaround exists and should be given through Check Point Support. We plan to incorporate the fix in our next hotfix updates.

ED
Advisor

Hi Tomer,

You are correct. I did an upgrade from R80 to R80.10 via CPUSE. It's not a multi-domain environment. 

0 Kudos
Ran_Kopelman
Employee
Employee

Hi Enis

Can you please add the flowing to your task:

1. postgres.elg file (under  $MDS_FWDIR/log/postgres.elg)

2. the content of $MDS_FWDIR/sql_scripts

also please share your task id.

thanks, 

Ran 

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

Unfortunately this was not fixed in R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix accumulator GA Take 56 or in SmartConsole - General Availability 013. Still the same problem. 

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

My problem was fixed by a script that I got from https://community.checkpoint.com/people/ranko795bc55d-ed02-437c-a4f3-88d212bddb02. Thank you so much, great community! It will also be fixed in one of the next JHFs. 

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Can you share the script?

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

Yes if approved by Ran Kopelman and moderator. 

How to run

untar -xzvf fix_r8010_search.tar.gz

cd fix_r8010_search

./fix_r8010_search.sh

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events