Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hua_Liu
Employee
Employee

Our syslog from the Gaia involves the system/hardware error info?

Hi Everyone

I get questions from my customer if our syslog output from the Gaia involves the system/hardware error info as below detail or not:

1. Power 

2.Fans

3. Interface Cards

4.Temperature

5.Memory

6. ARP attack

7.IP duplicate 

I look through the "CP_GaiaSyslogMessages_ReferenceGuide.pdf" and "Log Fields Description.pdf" while find no relevant guide for matching the above syslog messages. Please share your experience to me  if you can address it. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In general, I would expect anything that would appear in a typical Linux syslog would also appear in a Gaia OS syslog.
What precise information about the above are you expecting to find in syslog?
0 Kudos
Hua_Liu
Employee
Employee

Hi Expert My customer needs us to provide the detail log field for developing his own monitor system. Then, he can not find any relevant description about the system/hardware error information, such as power failure or one fan failure. My customer focuses on below monitor targets : Power, fans, memory, interface cards,Temperature, ARP attack,IP duplicate He wants to pre-define these above targets failure syslog filed in his own monitor system. So, I hope I could get these log filed description for guiding to development. Thanks
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Positions 1 to 5 are availabe with SNMP: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

6 and 7 are unclear. Please elaborate

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events