Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruy
Explorer

No logs in SmartConsole

Hello everyone. I built up a standalone machine R81.10 in VMware Workstation. And I don't have logs in SmartConsole. I think i need to do something with what is on picture, but i dont know how to enable all this functions. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

How is the track column in the policy configured and what traffic flow isn't logging when it should?

Have you tried "installing database" from the menu or a reboot?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm...I see whats wrong with that picture (snimak ekrana...I think that means screenshot from what I remember of my cyrilic alphabet lol). Anyway, see, with standalone config, there is no separate management server, so technically, it would be logging locally really. 

Did this ever work? When did you notice the issue? Some basic things you could try, since its a lab is cpstop/cpstart, reboot, fw logswitch...

0 Kudos
Bruy
Explorer

Thank you for answer. There weren't any logs in smartconsole ever. I tried basics commands but they didn't help me. I have a logs in SmartView Tracker if it will help you

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im free later if you want to do remote. Im in EST time zone.

0 Kudos
Bruy
Explorer

Yeah, why not. I leave in UTC+3 zone. Contact me ivanbruy04@gmail.com to discuss further

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, emailed you directly.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Update from remote session with Ivan:

we ran cpstat fw -f log_connection...shows logs are sent and we know that, since they are showing in smartview tracker, just NOT in dashboard

ran through sk

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

verified masters file

also did below and rebooted:

Stop Check Point services:

[Expert@FW]# cpstop

Move all the accumulated FireWall log files to another directory:

[Expert@FW]# mkdir -p /var/log/temp_logs
[Expert@FW]# cd $FWDIR/log/
[Expert@FW]# mv *.log* /var/log/temp_logs/

Reboot:

[Expert@FW]# reboot

Check if FireWall log files were created again:

[Expert@FW]# ls -l $FWDIR/log/fw.log*

Check if logs are being sent to the Security Management Server.

Also, when box was rebooted, when we logged into dashboard, gave warning that /va/log needed at least 2 GB free space and it was 1.5 at the moment and there was only 1 file we could delete bigger than 100 MB

Unless someone else has different suggestion, I think this would need to be rebuilt and more space assigned to /var/log dir

Also, since lvm_manager cant run to resize directory unless in maintenance mode, not sure if there is an easy way to do this in vmware, but if there is a way and can be resized, Im pretty sure that would fix this issue without having to rebuild.

0 Kudos
aeronl12
Explorer

Hi, Also, tried to create a Check Point Standalone VM for labbing and learning purposes, and notice the same behavior where the Local Logs are not showing in the Logs & Monitor Log View.  See attached image.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Try to make sure/switch to Index mode. I see from the photo that you're opening a log file.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Might be by default. I see same in all my las, but works fine.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events