cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreingardt
Contributor

New Cluster status flapping after old one was deleted in Smart Console

Hey,

I have found a new problem in Smart Console R80.40 and hope someone has noticed the same behaviour and may have a solution.

We are in the process of replacing SG4000 appliances with SG6000 appliances. We created a new cluster, did the basic configuration and took the same IP configuration as the old cluster we were replacing. Everything worked flawlessly.

After the replacement at the site, we deleted the old cluster objects in the Smart Console. Suddenly, the new cluster starts switching the member status between up and down reccurently every 5 minutes or so. Most of the time the cluster is in "up" state up. Then one of the members is in the "down" state for about 30 sec. and then everything is fine again.

Simply restarting the members' processes does not work, we have to reboot both members to solve the problem.

Do you have any idea where this behaviour comes from and how we can prevent it?

Thank you very much.

Regards Sascha

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had never seen that sort of problem, but personally, what I would do first, just to make sure is look through Guidbedit tool and verify that old cluster is totally removed. If it is, then I would confirm cluster config for the new firewalls, but sounds like you have it correct. Happy to do remote and check it for you.

0 Kudos
sreingardt
Contributor

Hi, thank you for your thoughts on this topic. I will take a closer look at the Guidbedit tool the next time we remove an old cluster. I will report back then.

Sascha

0 Kudos
sreingardt
Contributor

Hi, I have checked the entries in the GuiDBEdit tool and I have only found one entry from the old cluster. It is the entry installstatus. Looks all good to me.

I did not mention it earlier, but the status flapping only occurs in the SmartConsole and does not affect the proper functioning of the cluster. Are there logs where I can check the communication problems between the management server and the cluster? It seems to be a problem with the management's health check.

Sascha

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)