Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dor_Marcovitch
Advisor
Jump to solution

Managment Public IP redundancy

hey

i am having situation that i have a management server that has 2 ISP to go to the internet for redundancy. but the IPs are different.

this management also manages remote sites FWs (R80.10 and 1400 appliances), how can i configure both of the IPs as a possible way to contact the management server for the remote FWs ? 

can i configure 2 IPs on the "masters" file ? 

in a single point of time the management is available only from one public IP because of asymmetric routing.

thanks

dor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Yes, you can and you should configure two IP's (one IP or hostname in each line) in the masters files. Make sure to protect the masters file from being overwritten during policy installation. Your security management server should be configured as a management host that only has one interface leading to your firewall, which then connects to the two ISPs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Yes, you can and you should configure two IP's (one IP or hostname in each line) in the masters files. Make sure to protect the masters file from being overwritten during policy installation. Your security management server should be configured as a management host that only has one interface leading to your firewall, which then connects to the two ISPs.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events