cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alumast28
Explorer

Login to SmartConsole R80.40 fails via VPN client

Hello,

I recently did an installation with R80.40 Security Management and Security Gateway (VSX) with the latest Jumbo Hotfix Take 77.

When I try to access the SmartConsole from the internal network, I have no problem. But when I try to connect from the outside using the client vpn, I get the following error message:

"An error ocurred while making the HTTP request to https://10.0.1.75:19009/cpmws/LoginSvcRemote?wsdl.
This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case.
This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server."

ERROR_SMARCONSOLE.png

I tried putting NAT to the Office Mode network but it didn't work, I also modified the implicit rules ($FWDIR/lib/implied_rules.def) to comment out the CPMI service but it didn't work either.

Anyone ever happened something similar? Could someone guide me with this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did this behavior start after installing the JHF?
You might try debugging CPM as described here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
A TAC case is probably in order.

0 Kudos
Mikael
Collaborator
Collaborator

Found this post while researching this issue for a customer.

There are a couple of SK's that relate to this issue:

sk169553 - Login to SmartConsole sometimes fails with the "certificate revoked" message, and policy ...

sk169253 - An error occurred while Connecting with SmartConsole to Management server

None of them mention the cause of my problem.

The administrator in my case was set ut to authenticate with a certificate. When this certificate expires you will also get this error, which is a bit confusing. You kind of would expect SmartConsole to be able to provide a better error when the users local cert has expired...

Cheers

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events