cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna_Ushakova
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do not receive messages after configuring up Mail Alerts

I do not receive messages after configuring up Mail Alerts. Configured by sk25941. SMTP server is available. How to see what problems arise when sending messages?
Thanks)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Your SMTP server is almost certainly refusing the email since the SMS is not explicitly allowed to relay email through it.  Please see my instructions in the thread below for forging an email directly from the SMS using expert mode and the telnet command.  If the forged email works and you receive it in your inbox, then something is wrong with how you set up the arguments for the internal_sendmail command in the SmartConsole.

scheduled report mail problem 

--

CheckMates Break Out Sessions Speaker

CPX 2019 Las Vegas & Vienna - Tuesday@13:30

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you manually run the internal_sendmail command from your management as you've configured it in Global Properties, what happens?

Also what version of code?

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Your SMTP server is almost certainly refusing the email since the SMS is not explicitly allowed to relay email through it.  Please see my instructions in the thread below for forging an email directly from the SMS using expert mode and the telnet command.  If the forged email works and you receive it in your inbox, then something is wrong with how you set up the arguments for the internal_sendmail command in the SmartConsole.

scheduled report mail problem 

--

CheckMates Break Out Sessions Speaker

CPX 2019 Las Vegas & Vienna - Tuesday@13:30

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events