Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haider_Ali-Khan
Explorer

How to view published changes in R80

We have a shared environment running R80 MDS.  We will soon have people across the globe who will be allowed to publish changes to security policies but not allowed to install them before I or someone on the senior team makes sure they look good.  My question is as an MDS Multi-Domain Super User, how would I view changes that someone else published before I install the policy?  So far, all I have found in the Audit logs is who made the change, and how many objects were changed.  I would like to see the actual change or at least the rules that were changed or added.  Thanks for any help or tips.

7 Replies
Eyal_Rashelbach
Employee
Employee

i think this one covered in the following thread answer:
https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/5027#comment-5963

"

The changes that you see here are between the last time a policy was installed on that Gateway and the revision that will be installed.

If you wish to see changes that were made in every session, go to Manage & Settings --> Revisions view.

Tomer Sole

"

0 Kudos
Haider_Ali-Khan
Explorer

This doesn't really answer my question.  I already knew about this but this does not tell me exactly what changes were made within rules.

Octavian_Dragul
Participant

Hi,

I believe you are missing the logs if you are not able to see the changes in a specific revision. I am facing the same here. I can see the changes in a more recent revision, but cannot see the change in an older revision.

The real question here is how do we make the management logs permanent so that they do not get recycled every x days.

I hope the above answers your question.

Regards,

Octavian

Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator

Is there any way to view changes before you publish them?  Example, another admin makes changes and exits SmartConsole, but doesn't discard his changes.  Then I login, make one change, but when I go to publish, it says I'm publishing 50 changes.  I'd like to know what I'm publishing before I publish it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Yes, please read through the last section of Part 1 (What are you about to do?) in my guide here:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Policy-Management/R80-Change-Control-A-Visual-Guide/m-p/39702#M2...

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee

Change Report (which was presented at the CPX 2019) will be supported in the upcoming R80.30 SmartConsole.

Join the R80.30 EA Production Program.

image.png

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Always remind the History of each rule to see who when changed what.

history.png

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events