cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_LOISEAU
Participant

Gaia embedded and log server

Hi 

I am using 2 kind of clusters with  gaia and gaia embedded and now I want to change the log server and fetch policy setting, with Gaia the option are available, but with gaia embedded option and in grey (like the readonly mode)  without any possibility to change it (add, suppress ..)

How can I change both options if I can't do it via the smartdashboard ? guidbedit ? masters file ? any other option ?

my version is R77.30 about management and R77.20 about gaia embedded.

Thanks

6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Another option would be the deletion and recreation of the Gaia Embedded Cluster.

Did you already install and try the latest SmartConsole R77.30.03?

You could also open a service request with TAC.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Consider moving to R80.10. Upgrading helped me with many issues and limitations.

Compatibility with SMB appliances is much better.

Plus, you can use some features of R80 which SMB appliances support, such as security zones.

Eric_LOISEAU
Participant

Hello,

Thanks about your replies but the migration to R80 is a new projects for us but in the coming months , and the change setting issue is for now.

I opened a ticket about that and I will keep you informed.

Regards

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

What do you seen in this page of the WebUI of the SMBs?

0 Kudos
Jesse
Contributor

The reason you can't change the settings from the Mgmt Server is because you have the :define_logging_servers parameter set to (false) for the gateway. You'll need to do a guidbedit and change that to true, or make the changes you want in the masters file directly. See sk102712

0 Kudos
Eric_LOISEAU
Participant

Hello Jesse,

It's the solution and I checked it yesterday but I didn't update the chat, the problem was link to the file $FWDIR/conf/masters and the define_logging_server option set to false.

After the behavior with Gaia and SMB is completely different. with smartdashboard and Gaia cluster you can do it "here" an change the setting but with SMB the guidbedit is the only tool who permit it.

Regards 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events