Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor
Jump to solution

ForeScout NAC Integration with checkpoint management Server

Hi Team,

We are trying to integrate Forcscout with the checkpoint.

Gaia OS R80.20 with jumbo take_103

Communication happens in between Checkpoint MGMT and  Forescout.

From Forescout able to telnet with 18184 port to Checkpoint MGMT.

Refer the below screenshot for details

1.png02.png4.png5.png

Still, face the below error:-

3.png

Pls, help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

@Chinmaya_Naik 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi Team,

We resolved the issue.

Reason: Time and date are not up to date😉

We also disable the smart event blade because by default smartevent also works on the same port 18184.

Also make sure that the OPSEC object name on checkpoint and the object name define on the third-party ForceScout name should same.

Additional Information:- You need to download and add the add-ons (Checkpoint Threat Prevention) on ForeScout to able to see the detection and Remediate information on ForeScout and also ForeScout required an additional license.

For Reference :

Thanks and Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi Team,

We resolved the issue.

Reason: Time and date are not up to date😉

We also disable the smart event blade because by default smartevent also works on the same port 18184.

Also make sure that the OPSEC object name on checkpoint and the object name define on the third-party ForceScout name should same.

Additional Information:- You need to download and add the add-ons (Checkpoint Threat Prevention) on ForeScout to able to see the detection and Remediate information on ForeScout and also ForeScout required an additional license.

For Reference :

Thanks and Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

Hamid_Nabil
Participant

Hi, 

Did you run log and management in the same server? We are able to establish SIC but we are not receiving events. 

Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

HIi @Hamid_Nabil 

Yes, we have only one Management Server for policy configuration and also store the logs.

Also, refer the below links.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/Forescout-NAC-Integration-with-checkpoint-...

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos
Rafal_N
Contributor

Hi,

I also integrated CheckPoint (R80.30 take 111) with Forescout. All events from Gateway works fine and are recognize with CounterACT but it ignore logs form Endpoints (SandBlast Agents). 

I can't find any information what kind of blades/products ForeScout understand. Does anybody know is it should feed IOCs from endpoint also?

Rafal

Hamid_Nabil
Participant

@Rafal_N  Is your ForeScout checkpoint plugin integrated with log server or management? I ask this because my management server is receiving indexed logs from log server. I could not establish SIC between ForeScout and log-server but it was established with management server. And still no event being was sent to ForeScout. 😞

Rafal_N
Contributor

With management all logs form Endpoint and form Gateway are send to management.

All other events like Antibot or Anti-Virus or TE that are generated by Gateway are visible on ForeScout. Only problem is with logs from Endpoint Client. 

0 Kudos
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi @Rafal_N 

In Forescout we able to see Checkpoint Anti-Bot Threat Detections, Checkpoint Anti-Virus Threat Detections, Checkpoint Threat Emulation Threat Detection is only for CP Firewall which also required additional adds on.

For Checkpoint Endpoint Client you need to create a custom policy in ForeScout.

Refer below link for more details.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/ForeScout-NAC-Integration-with-checkpoint-...

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events