cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chancer
Participant

Checkpoint MDS Lab

Hi All,

I've recently joined a large company which has a considerable amount of Checkpoint MDS/CMA Servers and VSX gateways.  I'd like to brush up on my MDS skills and so I was thinking of creating a very basic Checkpoint Lab consisting of an MDS server and a couple of Checkpoint Gateways (perhaps VSX clusters?).  My home resources are limited, I do have my son's old Gaming Desktop which has 16GB of memory,  so I was wondering if this would be enough for me to run VMWARE Workstation running the Checkpoint Virtual Machines?   Has anyone installed a Checkpoint MDS lab here? 

In terms of licensing, from memory when you install a CKP Mgmt/GW it comes with a default 15 day eval license, so would I need to continually reinstall the lab after license expiration?

Thanks

Chancer

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Believe the minimum RAM required for MDS is 32gb though maybe with 1-2 domains you can get by with less.
More RAM is definitely recommended.
You can generate 30 day Eval licenses by following this process: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/How-to-Request-an-Evaluation-License-for-Security...
Chancer
Participant

Thanks a lot. I'll have a look. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events