A frequent question we see on CheckMates is how to request an evaluation license (or extend an existing one).
Note that when you install a Security Gateway or Security Management appliance/virtual machine, a 15-day Plug-n-Play evaluation license is already present.
For a factory defaulted SMB Appliance, the evaluation period is 30 days.
Anyone can request a 30-day evaluation license.
Your Check Point SE may be able to provide you with a longer-term evaluation or you can genera
This applies to the following products:
- Security Gateway
- Security Management
- Endpoint Management
- Endpoint Security Products (including SandBlast Agent)
- SMB Appliances (600/700/1100/1200R/1400/1500) with R77.20.70 or above firmware
Log into UserCenter and Select Try Our Products > Try Or Products > Product Evaluation:
You will be given some options:
In the majority of cases, the All-In-One Evaluation is what you will want to choose.
This will give you a 30-day license for the following on a Check Point Appliance or Virtual Machine:
- Security Management with Multi-Domain and all features enabled
- Security Management with all Software Blades
- Remote Access (VPN) for Unlimited Users
- Endpoint Security Products/SandBlast Agent for 100 users (can apply additional CPEP-SBA eval licenses for additionnal users).
For SMB appliances with R77.20.70 and above firmware, the All-in-One Eval license will enable all features for 30 days.
Select the User Center Account to put the license in.
For IP Address, enter one of:
- The IP address of your Security Management Server.
- For locally managed SMB appliances, use any IP that is assigned to the LAN or DMZ (not loopback). Only apply the Security Gateway portion of the license without a module name (e.g. cplic put 192.0.2.10 29Mar2023 dT...).
Select the reason for evaluation.
Click on Get Evaluation.
An evaluation license will be generated and instructions will be presented to you and also sent via email.
For SMB appliances:
- Generate a local license
- The evaluation license can only be applied on the CLI in expert mode (e.g. via cplic put)
- Only the gateway license string needs to be applied
If the Product Evaluation Page will not allow you to click Next, review the top of the screen:
This is basically telling you your account needs to be associated with a "customer."
This can be done one of two ways:
- An existing customer adds you to their User Center account (useful for consultants and the like)
- Create a new Customer, which you do by clicking on that Create Your First Account link in the above screen
Fill in company details:
After you hit submit, you will be associated with a new "customer."
You will then be able to request evaluation licenses as described above.