Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Realeboga_Mashi
Contributor

Change SmartDashboard time format from 12Hrs to 24Hrs

Is there a way I can change the time view format from 12Hrs to 24Hrs in the SmartDashboard view? The issue with the 12Hrs setting is that when you export the information to CSV and sort it, it eliminates the leading zero on the single digit hours, this ends up mixing the extracted logs when you use a CSV file.

For example, if you look at logs for the entire day, they will range from 07:00am to 10:00pm - when you extract these logs and sort them by early to latest (or vice versa), you will have 1:00pm, 11:00pm and 2:00pm in the wrong order (see attached file "smartdashboard log extract).

If we can use 24Hrs format, this can be eliminated. I have attached two screenshots; (1) is from the dashboard view - the sort order is okay because it uses double digits (2) is from the dashboard view extracted to CSV, sorted from latest to oldest, but then the order is mixed up - look at the order of 4/2/2020 1:28 all the way until about 4/2/2020 2:52 - the order is incorrect. But if the time could be formatted to 24Hrs, this can be solved.

Or perhaps to expand the question: how can I set the firewall log collector to user 24Hrs time format not 12Hrs format?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

On my VM and the terminal servers I work on and my local PC all of them are set to the 25 Hour regional setting and that is also reflected into the SmartConsole including the export.
Have you tried exporting from the web logview? Check it at: https://<IP-DMS>/smartview
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Realeboga_Mashi
Contributor

Thanks Maarteen, I tried as you suggested - access to the web link works but still shows logs in 12Hrs format not 24Hrs format - even after exporting the logs they are not in the 24Hrs format. 😞

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

But have you changed the way windows is displaying time itself?
Make sure to change the regional setting in Windows, then start the SmartConsole.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events