Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascent72
Explorer

Can't install Checkpoint R80.20 smartconsole on Windows 8.1 computer

I am having issues installing smartconsole 80.20 on my computer(windows 81.). Downloaded the console exe(smartconsole.exe) from our management server.

Installer(smartconsole.exe) keeps saying it is already installed on this machine. Please remove it and try again.

When I try  to uninstall Checkpoint R80.20 smartconsole (Control Panel-Add/remove programs) installer says, 'it is not installed'. I can't repair it either

How can I resolve this issue? 

rebooted my computer couple of times(didn't help), no regedit entry either. However, it still seen in control panel

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can download the Portable version of SmartConsole and use that in the meantime.
TAC will probably be required to troubleshoot the uninstaller.

0 Kudos
ascent72
Explorer

Where can I download the portable version of smart console? I need to take snaps for our config guide to configure syslog forwarding using the smart console. Hope the samefunctionality is available in the portable version. It is annoying that it doesn’t allow me to install 80.20 smart console should i install 80.30 smart console instead? We have 80.20 version management server how can I contact tac? Thanks for responding 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You am download from here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
You need to use the version that matches your management server.

You or your Check Point partner can contact TAC on your behalf if you have a support agreement.
See: https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/contact-support/
0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Try to boot in maintenance mode (no network). For me it's the only way to install a SmartConsole on my W10 after uninstalling the previous version, so that might be applicable to your case.

ascent72
Explorer

safe mode didn't let me install R80.20 smartconsole either. Thanks for help. I can't download R80.20 portable console, says contact support

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We'll have someone contact you out-of-band to better understand what is going on here.
0 Kudos
ascent72
Explorer

Sure, they can reach me at [redacted] or by email. I can't install 80.30 or 80.20 smartconsole either on my windows 8.1 computer

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I've already given your contact details to the R&D folks who asked about this.
I also sent along your phone number, which I removed from the post.
0 Kudos
ascent72
Explorer

Thanks, appreciate your help here!!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events