cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen_Fambro
Employee
Employee

Automated Backup for Centrally Managed SMB ROBO Gateways

Is there an "easy" button to automate backups for centrally managed SMB (1100's & 1400's) ROBO Gateways??  The Central Deployment Tool (CDT) doesn't support SMB appliances or ROBO Gateways.  Therefore I was thinking that maybe we can get it done via "Central Device Management" in Smart Console.  Does this work for ROBO Gateways though (gateways managed by Smart-Provisioning)??  Also, is there a way to run gateway backups using Smart-Provisioning that I am missing??  Thanks team :-).  

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What is it exactly you expect to backup on these devices?
0 Kudos
Allen_Fambro
Employee
Employee

The customers goal is to have a simple RMA process.  If a device goes bad... Step 1 - RMA the device. Step 2 - When new device arrives at their processing center (HQs), use existing backup to restore config on new device (SIC, Mgmt IP, Mgmt Server).  Step 3 - ship device to remote location and plug into the network (local engineer should not have to log in or access the device at all).  Step 4 - confirm connectivity, SIC, policy, traffic passing, etc...

While I realize a ROBO device has the majority of the config (interfaces, routes, etc...) in Smart-Console / Smart-Provisioning ultimately the customer is trying to make the RMA process as seamless as possible.  If you have a better solution / process in mind I would appreciate the assist.

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events