cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Advanced DNS Security Software Blade Location?

OK I give up, where is the Advanced DNS Security Software Blade located for viewing/configuration in R81.20?  Perhaps it is configured from the command line somewhere, as I can't find it in the SmartConsole.  Or is this one of those "under the hood" black box things that Threat Prevention does?

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeH
Participant

I don't think it's a separate blade per se, but part of NGTX suite (correct me if I'm wrong).  Per the release notes:

AI Deep Learning prevents 5x more DNS attacks in real-time. The feature it is part of the NGTX license, and is enabled when the Anti-Bot and Anti-Virus blades are active For more information see:

sk178487 - ThreatCloudClosed DNS tunneling protection.

sk175623 - ThreatCloud Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) protection.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know every time I see your post, chances are only Phoneboy, Val or someone from R&D can answer it 😊. I also had been looking everywhere for it and so far no luck...

Andy

0 Kudos
MikeH
Participant

I don't think it's a separate blade per se, but part of NGTX suite (correct me if I'm wrong).  Per the release notes:

AI Deep Learning prevents 5x more DNS attacks in real-time. The feature it is part of the NGTX license, and is enabled when the Anti-Bot and Anti-Virus blades are active For more information see:

sk178487 - ThreatCloudClosed DNS tunneling protection.

sk175623 - ThreatCloud Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) protection.

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Thanks, strange that they are calling this feature several different names.  Looks like it is all under the hood anyway.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We've been doing DNS Security via Anti-Bot/Anti-Virus for quite some time with the intelligence being in ThreatCloud.
I believe we've added some "under the hood" things in R81.20.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Any chance @PhoneBoy I can get a few sample log cards showing an Anti-Bot DNS Tunneling and Domain Generation Algorithm prevent action?  I can't seem to find any samples anywhere, and the settings for these features don't appear to be exposed in the SmartConsole GUI.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'll ask around, but I haven't seen any.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events