cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Kjolner
Explorer
Jump to solution

Add users with mgmt_cli

I need to add hundreds of regular users (not Access Roles or administrators) for VPN access to the database and am trying to find a way to automate the task. They also need to be assigned a specific Authentication method (Securid).
I was hoping to use mgmt_cli and a csv file to run a batch, but so far I've only seen how to add other objects, not users. Is this even possible?

LDAP is not an option, this is for a transition between LDAP and Radius.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
masher
Employee
Employee

I'm not aware of a command (add-users, for example) that uses the R80 API for adding anything other than Administrators.

It is still possible to use dbedit on the management server to add these users from the CLI.

If you were to place your user ids in a single file, then you could script the addition of all x hundred users in one go. What I have below doesn't account for any comments, etc., but additional properties are available ("dbedit -local print users <username>") and can be used as needed.

# create a list of commands for dbedit to process
for i in `cat userlist`
do
  echo "create user ${i}" >> newusers
  echo "modify users ${i} auth_method SecurID" >> newusers
done

# This will have dbedit save the changes.
echo "update_all" >> newusers

# Use the newly created newusers file
dbedit -local -f newusers

View solution in original post

2 Replies
masher
Employee
Employee

I'm not aware of a command (add-users, for example) that uses the R80 API for adding anything other than Administrators.

It is still possible to use dbedit on the management server to add these users from the CLI.

If you were to place your user ids in a single file, then you could script the addition of all x hundred users in one go. What I have below doesn't account for any comments, etc., but additional properties are available ("dbedit -local print users <username>") and can be used as needed.

# create a list of commands for dbedit to process
for i in `cat userlist`
do
  echo "create user ${i}" >> newusers
  echo "modify users ${i} auth_method SecurID" >> newusers
done

# This will have dbedit save the changes.
echo "update_all" >> newusers

# Use the newly created newusers file
dbedit -local -f newusers
Robert_Decker
Advisor

See the answer here - 

https://community.checkpoint.com/message/10883-users-via-api 

Use Michael's suggestion meanwhile.

Robert.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events