Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TamSOL
Collaborator
Jump to solution

About backup of management server

Dear Team

I tried system backup on Gaia on management server(smart1).

The message appear "Peforming backup from smart console on the management server is not sopported" .

What are the best practices for backup the management Server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Basically you have three options:

1) Create a backup in GAIA Web GUI - Installation and Upgrade Guide R81.10 - Backing Up and Restoring 
2) Create a "migrate server export" - sk135172 - Upgrade Tools package for upgrade from R80.20 and higher
3) Create a snapshot - Gaia R81.10 Administration Guide - Snapshot Management 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Basically you have three options:

1) Create a backup in GAIA Web GUI - Installation and Upgrade Guide R81.10 - Backing Up and Restoring 
2) Create a "migrate server export" - sk135172 - Upgrade Tools package for upgrade from R80.20 and higher
3) Create a snapshot - Gaia R81.10 Administration Guide - Snapshot Management 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

i tried 1) method backup in GAIA Web GUI. but Smart 1 appeared the backup is not supported message.

What is best practice that backup of smart1?

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

It is a new version that supports R81.20, as some things have changed in the "fw ctl conntab at" R81.20.
For example, since about R80.40 the parameter -x was specified, but this did not work in the older versions. As of R81.20, this parameter works. Therefore, I had to adapt the script a bit and it now works with R81.20.

From my point of view it is easier to download the script in version 5 for R81.20. Therefore a new article.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events