Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niels_Poulsen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

0 Gateways or server reporting logs

Just reinstalled my setup, with build 94, after this I have 0 gateways or servers listed in the logs area. How can I debug this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amir_olswang
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Paul and all,

In R80 there is an easier way to see what is happening both in the log server and regarding Indexing.

You can run:

cpstat mg -f log_server

This will display information about logs currently received from GWs.

cpstat mg -f indexer

This will display the current state of the indexing

In case of dedicated Log Server or SmartEvent replace the mg with ls.

In general logs should be displayed once they are indexed in the system regardless if there are many other logs that are still not indexed.

Amir

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Niels,

Are you running SmartCenter with SmartEvent enabled?

Do you see logs in the "Logs" tab?

Can you run 'SmartEventCollectLogs' in expert mode and share it with me?

0 Kudos
Paul_Hagyard
Advisor

If this was an in-place upgrade, or you copied across a heap of logs from the old server, SmartLog could still be indexing them. I found my logs didn't show anything until the indexing had completed.

From the management server CLI (export mode) run "fw log -ft" and see if you're getting logsfrom the gateway(s). If there are new entires here then give it a bit of time (some hours potentially), and if there's still nothing start looking at SmartLog.

0 Kudos
amir_olswang
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Paul and all,

In R80 there is an easier way to see what is happening both in the log server and regarding Indexing.

You can run:

cpstat mg -f log_server

This will display information about logs currently received from GWs.

cpstat mg -f indexer

This will display the current state of the indexing

In case of dedicated Log Server or SmartEvent replace the mg with ls.

In general logs should be displayed once they are indexed in the system regardless if there are many other logs that are still not indexed.

Amir

Hernan_Mella
Explorer

I have the same problem, I've disable smart event and correlation unit, enable again, install database, delete and add again correlation unit in the legacy smart event policy, install event policy etc and nothing results.

I receive logs and are indexed them.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Romero
Participant

Hello everyone, 
Was anyone able to resolve this issue ¿? I know it is long time ago,..... But I am currently using R80.30 with JHF101 and i have this exact issue.... I get "0 Gateways and Servers", "No data found" and all my reports turn out with blank info.... Help please.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events