Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

Why Check Point can not mix most of the combinations from Maestro Support Appliances?

We are cooking a new Maestro Solution, but the combination list in the table told me that our combination is not supported.

Kidding?!

Maestro mix appliances.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

I think the topic should be discussed when R81.10 on EA early stage.

And let us known as fast as possible. 

Especially when we work hard to cook Maestro Solution.

0 Kudos
Yaron_Weiler
Employee
Employee

Hi Rick,

The main motivation of the Mix-and-Match feature is to enable Maestro customers with older appliance to expand and grow their Security Groups with newly introduced models.

The Mix-and-Match feature was not designed to enable any combination of models, but aimed to enable mix of appliances from the same family or size (i.e. similar computing power) along the supported generations. It means that we enable small models with small models old & new, medium models with medium, etc.

We are working to improve the documentation/Sk around it to make things clear and it should be available in the coming week

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @Yaron_Weiler,

Can you clarify "supported" vs. "supported but not certified".  I'm assuming "supported" means that combo of appliances has been fully tested by Check Point and has been verified to work.  I'm assuming that "supported but not certified" means that the combo of hardware is "close enough" as far as specs (# of cores, etc) that it should work, but it has not been fully tested by Check Point or few customers have successfully used that combo.  Is that right?

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Tim I'd say your understanding is reasonably accurate, the only additional consideration that comes to mind would potentially be the volume/number of such deployments in terms of sample set size.

Tagging @Anatoly here for further comment regarding the above as relevant to sk162373

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos