Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxtaan
Contributor

What is the best practice for Backing Up the Maestro Environment?

In the maestro environment, it has MHO, Security Group, and MGMT server. So what is the best practice for this environment for backing up? Is backing up the Security Group, MGMT with MHO required? The System backup files are near 10-15 GB for each Security Group and the MGMT server, so it is a problem to back up regularly 10-15 GB in the server. 

Please reply to this post with the following,

1. Which devices do I need to back up regularly and weekly/monthly?

2. Regular 10-15 GB backup file is a storage issue for every device.

3. How can I backup configuration via webui.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi, 

For Mgmt backup/mds backup is enough

For maestro devices the recommendation is snapshot

MHO- for MHO we don't expect a lot changes there, at least you add/remove SGM interfaces, if not you can have 1 per month 

for Security Group collect the snapshot from SMO, you don't need the snapshot for each SGM, since they are cloned from SMO. so log on local clish to SMO and create the snapshot. 

How ofter? well it is depend of your need, if you have editions like SGM, interfaces/routes/arp frequently, then maybe you need per week, but if the only changes are policy, you even revert an old snapshot and push policy. this apply regular for non-VSX. 

if you have VSX, you have to have on same frequent mgmt and security group. since the database on both side have to match.  

(1)
maxtaan
Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Every time it needs a snapshot backup? Then what about system backup?

As i know, the maestro system backup works from kernel level back up, that's why the file is near 10-15GB. For configuration backup we need to manually collect from Clish via "show configuration" right?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend