cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hongyu_Chen
Participant
Jump to solution

How to see status of physical network interface of a bond with vlan

Environment : MHO-175 + 2 * 26000 Appliance.

I have configured a bond called bond8, with 4 physical interfaces, and have create a vlan (vlan 660) on it.

On the switches end, fours ports were configured as ether channel and connect to this firewall.  However, one of the switch port is not configured properly, therefore the status of this port is suspend, but the ether channel is still up because the other three ports are working properly. 

On the firewall end, I can see this bond8 is also up, that make sense because the ether channel is up. 

The question here is, because one switch port is suspend, the connected firewall interface must also be down.  Without checking the switch (because I don't manage the switch), how do I check the firewall network interface and know which interface is not working? 

I used this command : asg if, to list the status of all interfaces. For those bonds without vlan, it showed the status of the physical interfaces. However for those bond which configured with vlan, it did not show the status of physical interfaces. 

Please see the output below. for bond8 which has vlan 660 no details status of the physical interface. For bond10 it shows the status of the two physical interfaces. 

So for daily maintenance, how do I see the status of each physical interface? 

asg if.JPG

Thanks. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Hey Hongyu!

To see the status of physical interfaces at the MHO CLI run

orch_stat -p

You can also verify the bond status with asg_bond -v. This command listens to the LACP messages and shows if something is down.

Additionally you can also run

cat /proc/net/bonding/bond8. It will show you interfaces that are part of a bond and their status.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Hey Hongyu!

To see the status of physical interfaces at the MHO CLI run

orch_stat -p

You can also verify the bond status with asg_bond -v. This command listens to the LACP messages and shows if something is down.

Additionally you can also run

cat /proc/net/bonding/bond8. It will show you interfaces that are part of a bond and their status.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events