Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hua_Liu
Employee
Employee

Does the Maestro Hyperscale Orchestrator 140 NOT support the 23800 SGs?

Does the Maestro Hyperscale Orchestrator 140 NOT support the 23800 SGs? From the datasheet and presentation files, I find that it should be 170 when describing the 23800 SGs scalable platforms or solution packages. So, I want to double confirm that if we use the 23800 SGs to get the maestro architecture, we should use 170 as the switch, even if I just want to use three 23800 SGs, is it right?

6 Replies
AndyY
Employee
Employee

You can connect 23800 to MHO140 with 10Gbps SFP DAC cables. If you assume that every appliance will process more than 10Gbps of traffic, it's probably better to use 40Gbps QSFP DAC cables and MHO170.

Hua_Liu
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply.

Then, could we connect 23800 to MHO140 with 40Gbps ? In my scenario, my customer will need one around  60Gbps layer 4 FW solution(need ha or cluster ).  I want to use 2*23800 to MHO140 with 40Gbps, and connect to outside network and inside network with each 2 ports 40Gbps SFP DAC cables(total 6 40G prots used). I do not confirm if it is working for the solution?

Maor_Elharar
Employee
Employee

Hi Hua,

Maestro allows you to connect several interfaces from the Orchestrators to the appliances (downlinks)

let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Maor

tpoole_global
Employee
Employee

For scale, the 170 is better suited and aligned with the 23xxx. Better to have a more capable orchestrater than get caught having to swap out.

Maor_Elharar
Employee
Employee

One more point to take into account, the trade-off between the amount of downlinks and the number of appliances when planning new deployment or possible future growth.

. i.e. high-end appliances will (probably) occupy less downlinks.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I'm aware of such a deployment about to be undertaken, to me it makes sense especially if you already have the gateways (without 40Gbps cards), the HPP has plenty of 10Gbps ports.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE