Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

"Multiple objects have the same IP address" warning message in SmartConsole

Hi guys,

Not sure if Im posting this in the right portal or section, but our customer is experiencing exact same error like sk121775. Now, its complaining about IP addresses 100.64.0.3 and 100.64.0.4, which were automatically assigned when we registered and connected 2 6000 appliances to smart-1 cloud mgmt server. 

Every time when cluster object is modified or even opened and then if you clock OK, the warning message keeps popping up...very annoying. According to sk, this is normal...not sure thats acceptable. TAC said they checked backend and could not find much. Im pretty sure there is a way to fix this somehow...I also checked the topology and tried changing the anti spoofing (just a shot in the dark), but no luck. Clustering and policy work fine. For context, customer is moving from Cisco asa to CP and I used smart move conversion tool to convert the policy and then migrate from portal.checkpoint.com to actually import it into cloud server, which again TAC said was totally fine.

For reference, TAC case is 6-0002424997. I attached the actual screen shots of the pop-up warnings. For what its worth, I even deleted imported Cisco asa object, but that did not help either. Yes, there are bunch of imported objects from asa config with bogus IPs, but no duplicate IP addresses when searching the dashboard. Without ssh, web UI or guidbedit, hard for us to do much more 🙂

tx

Andy

14 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hi Dameon,

I did attempt to look for search option via clish on dashboard, but cant really find anything useful.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Got some confirmation this is a known issue and we are working to fix it.
I don't believe you will need to take any action here.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for the info Dameon. So, is it some type of bug that R&D confirmed or is this publicly documented somewhere?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The same issue was reported internally and @Anat_Eytan-Davi mentioned they are aware and working to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for the response. I think its related to sk121775, but says its working as expected??!! Well, maybe its "working", but its annoying cosmetic issue that pops up every time anything is modified on the object. Can you ask if this only affects cloud instance or it happens on regular management as well?

Tx

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For Check Point management in general, yes, you are going to get this error message if you have multiple objects with the same IP.
Specific to Smart-1 Cloud, there is something in the server-side configuration that is causing this error message to pop up.
The fix will be to resolve this specific configuration issue.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm, seen it once before on smart-1 mgmt server when there was a duplicate object, but never when there was not...so there is no official bug ID for this or anything I can use as a reference?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I was not provided a reference/bug ID.
I recommend a TAC case.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats fair...I actually have a case already opened. The case number is referenced in my original post. Thanks Dameon!

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi,

In case you only used the Search in the Object Bar I would also recommend using the Search in Object Explorer.

Why is it not possible to use the Database Tool (GuiDBedit.exe) - it's just another GUI Client?

Thanks 

Tal

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tal,

The reason why you can not use guidbedit is because its a cloud instance, so does not give option to put a token and connect via guidbedit.

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello, everyone.

I know this post is old, but I am experiencing this error over and over again, every time I "make a change" in the SmartConsole (I have a SMS Appliance Smart-1).

Is there any way to "mitigate" this warning message to date?

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, good old "painful" days of S1C...I must have spent at least 100 hours with TAC on all the issues with it back in Covid days lol. But, truth be told, its rock solid now!

Bro, how many objects is it complaining about now?

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events