cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb1
Collaborator

showing stats between 2 endpoints on a gateway like ttl timeout etc

So i came across this command somewhere on checkmates-

[Expert@VWC-FW08:0]# fw tab -u -t connections | grep -i 10.8.196.217 | grep -i 40.97.136.200
[Expert@VWC-FW08:0]# fw tab -u -t connections | grep -i 0A08C4D9 | grep -i 286188C8

Where in place of the ips you are suppose to put the hex value which i did as you can see on the second command but why doesn't it display any output for that particular connection?? Its just a random src ip and dst ip that i took out from the logs for this particular gateway just before typing the command, so shouldnt it work, like it displays nothing unless my syntax is wrong but then again upong executing the command i see no error? By the way gateway is in cluster and is a 5900 series running R80.20.

Thanks and regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That assumes the connection is still active at the moment you run the command.
What's the actual problem you're trying to solve here?
0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

Actually I just wanted to check out this command, that's all, not troubleshooting anything, and the connection was still alive since when I just typed the source IP it was showing the output, when I typed both the source and destination then it didn't show anything, is there a specific syntax for both source and destination?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You probably need to take NAT into account.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events