cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timo_Laufer
Explorer
Jump to solution

multi queue compatible 10 Gbit/s networc cards

Is there a list of multi queueing compatible 10 Gbit/s network cards?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

As @PhoneBoy  has described, there is no official list of Check Point.

The following list shows an overview with all supported multi queue Intel, HP and IBM cards from Check Point HCL for open server from. The list is cross-referenced to the drivers. I do not assume any liability for the correctness of the information. These lists should only be used to help you find the right drivers. It is not an official document of Check Point!

You can find the list in the following article from me:

R80.x Performance Tuning Tip – Multi Queue

Notes to Intel igb and ixgbe driver if the network card are already present in the server.

I used the LKDDb Database to identify the drivers. LKDDb is an attempt to build a comprensive database of hardware and protocols know by Linux kernels. The driver database includes numeric identifiers of hardware, the kernel configuration menu needed to build the driver and the driver filename. The database is build automagically from kernel sources, so it is very easy to have always the database updated. This was the basis of the cross-reverence between Check Point HCL and Intel drivers.

Link to LKDDb web database:
https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/

Link to LKDDb database driver:

igb, ixgbe, i40e, mlx5_core    

Here you can find the following output for all drivers e.g. igb:

Numeric ID (from LKDDb) and names (from pci.ids) of recognized devices:

• vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 0438 ("DH8900CC Series Gigabit Network Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10a9 ("82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10c9 ("82576 Gigabit Network Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10d6 ("82575GB Gigabit Network Connection")

and many more...

How to recognize the driver:

With the ethtool you can display the version and type of the driver. For example for the interface eth0.

# ethtool -i eth0

driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 3.2-9
bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

With the lspci tool you can check the pci vendor and device ID.

# lspci -v | grep -A 2 -B 2 Intel

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
We don't maintain an official list for Open Servers.
That said, one was compiled.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Enterprise-Appliances-and-Gaia/R80-x-Performance-Tuning-Tip-Mult...
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

As @PhoneBoy  has described, there is no official list of Check Point.

The following list shows an overview with all supported multi queue Intel, HP and IBM cards from Check Point HCL for open server from. The list is cross-referenced to the drivers. I do not assume any liability for the correctness of the information. These lists should only be used to help you find the right drivers. It is not an official document of Check Point!

You can find the list in the following article from me:

R80.x Performance Tuning Tip – Multi Queue

Notes to Intel igb and ixgbe driver if the network card are already present in the server.

I used the LKDDb Database to identify the drivers. LKDDb is an attempt to build a comprensive database of hardware and protocols know by Linux kernels. The driver database includes numeric identifiers of hardware, the kernel configuration menu needed to build the driver and the driver filename. The database is build automagically from kernel sources, so it is very easy to have always the database updated. This was the basis of the cross-reverence between Check Point HCL and Intel drivers.

Link to LKDDb web database:
https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/

Link to LKDDb database driver:

igb, ixgbe, i40e, mlx5_core    

Here you can find the following output for all drivers e.g. igb:

Numeric ID (from LKDDb) and names (from pci.ids) of recognized devices:

• vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 0438 ("DH8900CC Series Gigabit Network Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10a9 ("82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10c9 ("82576 Gigabit Network Connection")
  • vendor: 8086 ("Intel Corporation"), device: 10d6 ("82575GB Gigabit Network Connection")

and many more...

How to recognize the driver:

With the ethtool you can display the version and type of the driver. For example for the interface eth0.

# ethtool -i eth0

driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 3.2-9
bus-info: 0000:02:00.0

With the lspci tool you can check the pci vendor and device ID.

# lspci -v | grep -A 2 -B 2 Intel

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Timo_Laufer
Explorer

Grate article and a nice information.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events