Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabiofabio
Collaborator
Jump to solution

export hotfix and installing it from webGUI

hi,

I am configuring new appliances (two gateways and one management 80.10) with the same version as those in production, and then, after having brought them into production, update them to 80.40.
in order to apply the backups I need to export hotfixes installed years ago on the production environment and then install them on the new appliances, however the webGUI exports them to me in .tar and the install deployment agent (DA) wants them in .tgz.
I tried to rename them in .tgz, I tried to archive them with the command tar -cvzf but nothing, every time I get the error: File is not a DA package.

i read this and tried it with explorer but nothing, same thing https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Upgrade-CPUSE-ERROR-Installation-failed-Error-Fil...

I thought that the problem was just the fact that I transform them from .tar to .tgz manually but you can't find such old takes on the internet and I have no possibility to install them in .tar 

what am I doing wrong? advice on how to do? however the hotfixes I need are these:

Check_Point_R80.10_jhf_T112_MABDA_sk113410_FULL

Check_Point_R80_10_JUMBO_HF_Bundle_T154_sk116380_FULL

I looked at the sk associated with the name of these hotfixes but I did not understand if installing the most updated takes is fine anyway, although I would like to avoid as I am about to do a migration of the whole firewall environment, I would not like to have any problems at the moment which I put it into production, but I leave the word to you experts.
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

I assume you used the "Install DA" button which is used only for installing the Deployment Agent itself and not other HotFixes.

Please try to use "Import package" and then select it, right click and Install. 

Boaz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
2 Replies
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

I assume you used the "Install DA" button which is used only for installing the Deployment Agent itself and not other HotFixes.

Please try to use "Import package" and then select it, right click and Install. 

Boaz

0 Kudos
(1)
fabiofabio
Collaborator

thanks a lot! i was trying for days, it's stupid but the import button was covered by the resolution of my browser...

hope my post can help someone in the future

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events