cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gourav_desawar
Explorer

Signature Error

Hi,

I have one firewall gateway and it is running on checkpoint 75.30 application. i am trying to Update Anti-virus license on my gateway firewall but it shows an Error.

Error : Last signature update failed.

how can i resolve this error without upgrade my OS from 75.30 to above..

Pls help me on it.

Thanks,

Gourav Desawar

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Release R75.30 hasn't been supported for quite some time.  The issue you are experiencing is almost certainly due to the migration from SHA-1 to SHA-256 detailed here:

sk103839: Check Point update and online services migration to SHA-256 based certificates

There doesn't appear to be an official way to patch SHA-256 support into that release, would definitely be worth a call to Check Point TAC to see if they know a workaround for this.

--
My Book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
Second Edition Coming Soon

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
gourav_desawar
Explorer

Hi ,

Thanks for your concern, Actually i want to know one thing that hardware addresses of firewall and management servers are different from which is mentioned in my checkpoint license file...

so is there any reason behind not update anti-virus Signatures through checkpoint online updates..?????

Thanks,

Gourav Desawar

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

If you had an IP address licensing issue, I think you'd know real quick as you wouldn't be able to push a new policy to the firewall and many features would not work correctly.  I doubt that is inhibiting your signature updates, much more likely to be the SHA-1/SHA-256 issue. 

In the SmartView Tracker filter try filtering for log entries with a Type of "Control" (grey wrench icon), you should be able to find the exact error message about the update failing which should help.

--
My Book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
Second Edition Coming Very Soon

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There are hotfixes (obtainable from TAC) going back to R75.20 for the SHA-256 updates issue.

That said, you really should consider upgrading to a supported release.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events