cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

RFID token authentication with R81+ Raspberry Pi

For this purpose I have created a software in the last weeks, which implements this RFID autentication function with R81. For this I used the new "Generic Data Center feature" in R81.

The Generic Data Center feature provides the ability to enforce access to/from IP addresses defined in JSON files located in external web servers ona Raspberry Pi. The „Generic Data Center Objects“ are updated automatically on the Security Gateway each time the JSON file change. There is no need to install policy for the updates to take effect.

Objects created based on these files can be used as a source or a destination in the access control policy.

How does it work:

I have developed a software and hardware with Raspberry Pi that used RFID authentication. When a correct RFID token is detected, the IP of the detected user is written to a JSON file „checkpoint.txt“. In my example the RFID detection software recognised my RFID token and the IP 10.10.52.181 of my laptop IP is insert in the JSON file. The JSON file is read every second by the management server and the IP is enabled in real time on the gateways depending on the rulebase.

PDF with hardware and software instructions:
Raspberry Hardware and Software Installation Guide.pdf 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
(1)
11 Replies
Hammar
Participant

WOW 

very impressive project

T_Westwood
Participant

👍🏻

Joerg_B
Participant

Hi @HeikoAnkenbrand,

Which RFID chips are supported?

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @Joerg_B,

The RC522 RFID Reader module is designed to create a 13.56MHz electromagnetic field that it uses to communicate with the RFID tags (ISO 14443A standard tags).

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Champion Heiko strikes again!

0 Kudos
Infinigate_Sup
Participant

How can I replicate the project?
Where can I find instructions?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I believe @HeikoAnkenbrand attached them to the post, actually

Support_CH
Explorer

Which python versions did you use for this project?

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Python 3 (latest version)

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
TimC
Participant

Hi @HeikoAnkenbrand

With which RFID types does it work?

0 Kudos
Hammar
Participant

nice solution

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events