Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arsh_cp
Explorer

Query about threat prevention updates with eval license.

Hi All,

I am quiet new to the CP.

I'm an admin for a customer, their license is expiring and wanted to use evaluation license to keep it running. I wanted to know if I can download the latest updates for Threat Prevention tools using the evaluation license. I've attached the necessary screenshots below in the doc file.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Evaluation License that includes all the Threat Prevention blades is a real license just limited in time.

They would still need to renew the current license or buy a new one (NGTP or SNBT)

0 Kudos
Arsh_cp
Explorer

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the response, just to validate this i have replicated lab and tried updating the ips database but getting an error(attached doc in the 1st update).

Lab details; R81.10 Standalone setup with full internet access. i am able to reach threat cloud and curl output also showing connected.

635158746 - this is the current package version on my lab.

i used below link to verify latest version, which showing different package.

https://www-app.checkpoint.com/defense/updates/SmartDefense/protected/6/r80-offline/ips.version.txt

@PhoneBoy , would appreciate any input here.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How are you trying to update, exactly?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That error may have nothing to do with license, bur rather connectivity issue. Can you run curl_cli -k google.com from expert mode and send the output please?

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events