Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kasper777
Participant
Jump to solution

Problem with access to the gateway, and can't connect to console with usb type-c

Hi all,

I have 1550 appliance, and accidently I remove the "v" marks from "VPN", "Internet", and "LAN" in the "administrators remote access" and now i don't have access to the gateway. I still have link and internet. I tried everything, but I just can't connect to the GUI.

I know i have to connect to the gateway with serial cable and use CLI. I tried to use type-c to type-c cable from Win10 laptop, and after installing the drivers (used a link from checkpoint website) the windows recognizes "CP1202n COM3" but putty can't connect (using recommended settings like 115200 baud).

Do you guys have any idea how can i solve this issue? Connect by type-c to type-c doesn't go... Or maybe other way to connect to the gateway's admin portal?  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, you may need to reboot your appliance for console to start working. Did you try that?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need to check your console cable is actually working at all. Any other device you can test it on?

Also, there is always an option to reset to factory default.

To restore factory defaults with the button on the back panel:

1. Press the Factory Default button with a pin. Hold for at least 12 seconds.

2. When the Power LEDs is lit blue, release the button. The appliance reboots itself and starts to restore factory defaults immediately.

3. While factory defaults are restored, the Power LED blinks blue to show progress.

This takes some few minutes. When this completes, the appliance reboots automatically.

0 Kudos
kasper777
Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately can’t reset the appliance since there are many rules and server defined. About the cable - should a usb to typeC cable work? Or i must plug type-c to serial? Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, you may need to reboot your appliance for console to start working. Did you try that?

0 Kudos
kasper777
Participant

Nope, i havn’t tried this. Just a regular restart?

0 Kudos
kasper777
Participant

Well, that’s solved my connection issue - just restarted and managed to connect to the appliance. Many thanks!! Next thing is to set administrator access from LAN. what command should i use?

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Look here: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R80.20/CLI/Content/Topics/165367.htm?tocpath=admin-access%7...

under "set admin access" and define depending to needs. For example, "set admin access interfaces LAN access true"

Check by "show admin access..."

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events