Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor
Jump to solution

New R81.20 Log Server with error in SmartConsole (fixed with sk129632)

Hello everyone,

Looong time no talk 😄.

As I started to plan the migration to R81.20, I had to build new Management and Log servers. Both are VM's.

The servers were deployed from ivory_main-631-991001243.ova and the installation went OK for the Management and also for the Log server.

Following the same process, I have installed them with a temporary license for both and while Management shows GREEN in SmartConsole, the LogServer is with RED. Still in the Alert tab I have nothing.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 102730.png

If I check the Device Status, I have nothing, not even the service status:
Screenshot 2024-06-23 102823.png

But what confuses me more, is that in SmartView Monitor, I see Log Server with "Problem" but here I can see services, all GREEN.
Screenshot 2024-06-23 103101.png

Also I have run cpdoctor.sh and no issues were seen.

I have re-installed Log server twice from OVA, I did not tried to deploy it from ISO (I will do that too but did not had time), still I would like to understand what is it seeing as an erorr and triggers those RED errors.

Thank you and have a nice week,

PS: as I was not able to upgrade on the spot, the current Management and Log serves because I have added additional drives, I had to deploy new servers. It's not my first, I'm on 3rd code jump, so I pretty much know the drill 🙂 .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

As an update, the engineer from TAC pointed me to sk129632 .

I've restarted CPD services on Management (previously I only did it on Log Server) and now it's ALL GOOD 😉 .

Screenshot 2024-06-23 170507.png

"From the case description, I could understand that you are facing an issue with  error in Smart Console.

As the symptoms match the below sk129632, please try to perform the steps mentioned and  let me know the status.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk129632 "

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

As an update, the engineer from TAC pointed me to sk129632 .

I've restarted CPD services on Management (previously I only did it on Log Server) and now it's ALL GOOD 😉 .

Screenshot 2024-06-23 170507.png

"From the case description, I could understand that you are facing an issue with  error in Smart Console.

As the symptoms match the below sk129632, please try to perform the steps mentioned and  let me know the status.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk129632 "

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for sharing that. I remember having to perform this once before in order to fix the same issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events