cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Feature request / Question - SmartConsole Extensions

I have a small problem when I want to develop more extensive extensions that interact with a gateway. For example, I want to read information on the gateway and use it in my code.

Every time I call and execute the following function

smxProxy.sendRequest("request-commit", {"commands" : ["run-script script-name 'HA Test' script '…

so I always get the following windows to approve the action.
p_approve_1_655654.png
When the script is executed on the gateway, I still get the success window.
p_approve_2_655654.png

This makes interactive communication with the gateway impossible because I have to keep closing the windows.
I understand that this makes sense from a safety point of view. However, it does prevent you from writing interactive javascript code.

Now my question:
- Is there already a switch in the function "smxProxy.sendRequest " to prevent the windows from being displayed?
- Is there another way around this?

If there is no solution:
- Will you integrate this in the future?
- Or can I make a feature request here?

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Welcome to the world of SmartConsole Extension limitations😁

Sometimes you'd like to refesh the same query without continuous end user confirmation dialog boxes (example) and sometimes SmartConsole performs an auto-refresh that causes a pile of other issues (example). Check Point's SmartConsole developers promised me to fix both topics in 2023. Fingers crossed they'll do it this year. I'm reminding them every six months.

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

This does not protect against malicious code being downloaded.

You can also commit the code base64 encoded and and and
Then the user can no longer see it in plain text and the user does not know what he approving.

With the autorefresh and the "smxProxy.sendRequest" + approve window  restrictions, you can't really use the SmartConsole Extension for more complex tasks.

From my point of view, this could be approved when installing the app. Here I would set a selection field and point out the dangers to the user. For example like this:

Picture_approve_2_534534er.jpg

@Ron_Izraeli , @Tomer_Noy , @Alon_Alapi 
Maybe you can discuss this with Dorit and then make the api more open.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

This option and many others have been already discussed with the SmartConsole developers.
I would've created many more extensions already if there wouldn't be so many limitations.

(1)
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Me too.

I also have good ideas for new extensions that cannot be implemented in this way.

That's a pity, because we could help many users with new extensions.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Please remind them of VSX support 😄 - Cheers

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events