Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mani_CP
Explorer

Exporting policy with hit counts crashes Smart Console and doesn't save CSV file.

I am trying to export policy for a gateway cluster running on R81.10. When i do it with hit count column enabled it doesn't save CSV file and crashes smart console. When i hide hit count column it exports CSV file without problems. There are 4591 rules in that policy. I am using Smart Console latest version R81.20 take 654, also tried with 653. Anyone experience this before or any other alternate way to export with hit counts ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never had that issue myself, but then I never had any customer with more than 500 rules. Does cpstop; cpstart or reboot help?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
just13pro
Collaborator

Maybe it will be qualified for RFE since exporting without hitcount is working fine and with hitcount it crashed.

I notice it will add additional few sentences when you export with hitcount and times 4591 records = a lot of sentences 🙂

That might be the reason for crash. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats definitely true, valid point : - )

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

One other thing that came to my mind thinking about it was amount of RAM. How much ram do you have on your mgmt?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The API is always an option, of course, but you'll have to write a program to iterate over the results with nearly 4600 rules and output in CSV format.
When calling show access-rulebase, make sure to pass show-hits true so the hitcounts are included: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/show-access-rulebase~v1.9.1%20 

I suspect the volume of data is exceeding what a 32-bit Windows application can address (4GB total).
TAC would be required for a formal diagnosis.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events