cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gemechisd
Contributor

Configuring new SMS Server

Hi all,

We need to configure a new SMS Server since our production SMS Server failed to login. When trying to login through smartconsole to the new SMS Server, I see the below attached screenshot. "The license on the Security Management Server has expired. Add a new license and try again"

How can we solve this error? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just ping me the IP of the mgmt server and I will get you an eval.

0 Kudos
gemechisd
Contributor

@the_rock thank you for the feedback. How much days the eval license will stay?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Always 30 days mate.

0 Kudos
gemechisd
Contributor

@the rock where should I get the eval license form my user center?

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Go to UserCenter > Try Our Products (top toolbar) > Product Evaluation

It would be better to use a full license and not an evaluation one that will expire:

Go to UserCenter > Assets / Info (top toolbar) > Product Center

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

1| Regarding the failure to log in, can you share additional details?

2| Also, if there is a problem, open a ticket with TAC to solve the issue before moving to a new Security Management Server.

3| If you still decide to move to a different Security Management Server, why not install R81.20?

4| The message states that the 15-day initial Trial Period license has expired, and you need to use a real license to work with the system. It is important to contact your Partner or Reseller to order the license.

5| Another option would be to move the license from your older Security Management Server to the new one. You can generate the license (including changing the IP if needed) through your UserCenter account.

0 Kudos
(1)
gemechisd
Contributor

@Tal_Paz-Fridman Thank you for the suggestion.

1. We have created a ticket and some expert is taking a look. He sent me some commands to run but the SMS Server keeps too long to responds to the scripts. Since we don't have another SMS Server there are some production environments that needs regular follow-up from us on the smart console.

2. Yes. But until TAC Finds a solution how can we handle those requests? 

3. We have a plan to upgrade both our gateways and SMS server to R81.20 recently, but now we faced this issue. Can we Install R81.20 to SMS Server and manage both our gateways which are on R80.40?

4. How can we move the license file from the older SMS Server to the New One? Is there any procedures to do that? What is the possible drawback to exchange the older with the new SMS Server?

0 Kudos
just13pro
Collaborator

Will try to answer question no.3 & 4

3) Yes, you can use R81.20 to manage R80.40. Rule of thumb, Management Server has to be higher or at least the same version with the Gateway

4) Re-generate new license from user center as explained by Tal

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Agreed!

0 Kudos
gemechisd
Contributor

@Tal_Paz-Fridman 

We have restored the New SMS from previous backup. But how can we configure the new SMS server in order to access the gateways?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events