Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveG
Explorer

Checkpoint 5600 - Alternative Virtual Appliance options for on premise deployment?

Hi All,

We currently have vast numbers of physical CP HW across our estate, a new project has com along where a pair of new FW's are required, our standard pattern would be to deploy two 5600 physical devices. I'd like to understand what the virtual alternative would be in this case, if throughput and performance are equal and I also get some additional flexibility and potentiall at a lower cost it would seem to make sense, I should add this is all on premise so no public cloud deployments.

Any suggestions or thoughts from experience and what the alternative virtual products are would be appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Virtual and physical appliances have somewhat different performance characteristics.
You can start with a CloudGuard IaaS instance configured with similar RAM/CPU to a 5600.
Recommend using R80.30 with the 3.10 kernel for the best performance.
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Steve,

if you have a virtualization environment (like VMware, HyperV...) in your locations you can run your gateway virtualized as virtual machine. If you are satisfied with the availability of your virtualization environment you need only one gateway license for a location. Maybee this is something better from the license costs.

It's hard to say what the best solution without knowing more.

Maybee if you can centralize all you hardware at one location you can use VSX, Running a bigger central appliance-cluster with all your firewall gateways as virtual instances.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events