Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Point issues even they can’t resolve!

So, I have been advised by Phoneboy to post my issues here with the hope that someone might be able to provide some help on them so here goes..... oh it’s a long one!

We were forced to upgrade from R77.30 like a lot of people so arranged for a new gateway and management server to be built on new Dell PowerEdge servers (both of which were checked by CheckPoint and confirmed as ok; they were in the compatibility list.)

Both the management server and gateway were built on R80.30 and to begin with, all was fine. However before long we noticed a memory leak in that 32gb of ram was being consumed to the point the gateway was either crashing and rebooted or it required a reboot after 12 hours. It was decided that the issue was my licence hasn’t been cut correctly and was still running an old version so needed to be renewed, which is did, but then the issue with CPUs started.

the gateway was using more CPUs than it was licences for, cue some more investigations and was told that the only way to resolve this was to upgrade to R80.40.

this was planned and carried out and more issues occurred! Our Secureid VPNs no longer worked and the work around from CP didn’t work either. So

TO READ THE FULL POST it's simple and free

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events