Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Can't Reset Expired Password at User Center

Just got told my password expired and I need to set a new one at usercenter.checkpoint.com.  It starts the "Forgot Password" dialog (which is not really appropriate for this situation, but whatever) and on the attached screen the Submit button does not do anything when clicked.  On Windows 10 and tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge same result.  Can't get authenticated now, not amused.

reset.png

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Got password successfully reset with Val, but when successfully logged in to User Center locally here it still did not show me signed in, replicated the behavior to several different systems here at Shadow Peak.  Changed my outbound ISP from Comcast to Centurylink/Lumen and now everything is working fine.  Thanks Comcast...WTH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hey, you should now receive the reset link. It worked for me, and I used your CheckMates email. If you need another email to reset, please PM me

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Yes I got it, and when I enter the new password now this screen just spins and never finishes using Chrome & Firefox browsers.  Tried to login with the new password entered below and it didn't take, use old password get told again that it is expired.

spin.png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Did you change your phone number? Tried to reach you with the one I had from before. PM me with the new one please

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Got password successfully reset with Val, but when successfully logged in to User Center locally here it still did not show me signed in, replicated the behavior to several different systems here at Shadow Peak.  Changed my outbound ISP from Comcast to Centurylink/Lumen and now everything is working fine.  Thanks Comcast...WTH.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats odd. I got similar behavior last night, but when I tried the 2nd time, worked fine. I recall last time I had to do this, I had totally bogus phone number on my profile and worked okay, no issues.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Yeah it is not my phone number, and a reboot of Comcast Business modem did not fix it.  I sign into Check Point's site practically every day so whatever this issue is just started today or late yesterday.  I am using DNS over HTTPS so they can't be monkeying with cleartext DNS lookups, they must be blocking traffic to some component on the backend that Check Point is using for federated/distributed access or something.  Will run some packet captures later today and try to figure out what the heck Comcast is doing.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds like it could be something on that end, cause logically, if it was wider problem, I assume most people would have same issue.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Well well it looks like I am not losing my mind after all.  I just direct-registered a student for a class next week who claimed that he was unable to pay for it with a credit card directly at Check Point's site.  When he attempted to pay numerous times at checkpoint.com his browser just hung there for a long time and eventually came back with "something went wrong".  

The ISP on his end...Comcast.

When using Comcast from Shadow Peak right now I can sign in to the User Center and it seems to work...but it does not show my name in the upper-right corner and I have no privileges at all, only a "Sign in" link up there.  I click it and sign in again...same thing.  Cannot actually get signed in which is why my expired password resets kept hanging.  Of course you must be signed in to complete a course purchase at Check Point's website. 

Whatever the hell Comcast is doing is interfering with the creation of an authorized session on Check Point's sites...I can't get signed into PartnerMap either...same behavior.  Switch my outbound ISP to Centurylink/Lumen, same browser/system and I get signed right into Check Point's site no problem.  Comcast must be using a Palo Alto firewall or something.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Timothy_Hall You seem way to smart to be losing your mind, so thats not even a possibility mate : - ). Anyway, I dont know what Comcast is using, but I do know PAN customers are not CP fans or the other way around 🤣

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Video recording of the issue.  Note that when I switched back from Centurylink to Comcast towards the end of the video I was still showed as signed in due to the cookie I got when I successfully authenticated via Centurylink.  But once I signed out of the User Center I was unable get reauthenticated again going out through Comcast.  Only devices on the path out are a Cisco switch and the ISP modems themselves, no other devices.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats pretty messed up. I remember about 15 years ago when I was in Colorado (Denver actually), literally EVERYONE I talked to complained about 2 companies...Comcast and DISH networks, haha. I guess not much has changed 😂

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I faced the same issue in the past. Once logged in with correct credentials, the support page showed that I need to "Sign in" again and again.

To be honest I left it for a while and after a hour or so, all was working fine.

Out of curiosity, did you try to use mobile device to replicate the issue ?

I am wondering what will happen if 2FA is activated ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Interestingly a mobile device using chrome attached to wireless leading out Comcast does not have the issue and signs in fine every time no matter if it is set for the mobile page or the desktop page.  Don't really want to enable 2FA as I'd be having to consult my phone 5-10 times a day.  Yes I have cleared caches in all desktop browsers repeatedly and tried different browsers and it has no effect on the Comcast problem. 

I'm also going to try getting packet captures of a failure through Comcast and a success through Centurylink and compare them, but that will be quite a slog.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Comcast is also my ISP.
I just did a password reset on one of my test accounts and didn't see any issues.
We are in different parts of the country, though.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events