Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diogo
Explorer

endpoint security vpn not working on mac os bir sur

After install endpoint security vpn on mac, to access my university vpn, it does not even open.

Every time i try to connect the icon disappears and nothing happens.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of client did you install on what type of Mac?
Note that only the most recent version of the client (E84.30) supports Big Sur.

0 Kudos
Alex_Alborzfard
Contributor

I'm having the similar issue. Trying to install E84.30 on Mac BigSur. First it told me "macOS cannot verify the developer of “Endpoint Security Installer”. Are you sure you want to open it?" After I click on open, after going thru few screens, displays another error. I tried downloading the file couple of times, but got the same result. See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 1400-01-01 at 22.49.34.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you tried downloading the Endpoint Security client directly from our website, that will not work.
Your IT department must send you a pre-configured installer.

If you're just trying to install a Remote Access client, download the Endpoint Security VPN "standalone client" from: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 
The Endpoint Security VPN client does not need to be preconfigured by your IT department.
However, there may be configuration on the server side that may not allow this client to be used.

0 Kudos
Alex_Alborzfard
Contributor

1- I AM the IT and security department and I have no idea how to make the "pre-configured installer"! Also I get ZERO communication from Checkpoint when it releases a new VPN client for an OS or how to make a "pre-configured" installer!

2- What configuration exactly needs to be done on the server side to make it work and why that's not included in that SK?

3- For a multi-million dollar company claiming to have latest and greatest security technologies, you seem to fail at fundamentals; by making your customers do gymnastics to install a VPN client so they can get their work done! The whole having to mess with SSL extenders to get SSL VPN working nightmare is a prime example. We gave up on that long time ago!

DO BETTER!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What you attempted to install was the package for our full Endpoint Security offering.
This includes many components in it (including VPN) and requires pre-configuration from an Endpoint Security Management Server.
This is required as the client needs to know precisely what features to run and where to get updates to policy and configuration from.

The Endpoint Security VPN client is a different package than you tried to install.
It requires no pre-configuration and can be downloaded from the link I provided above.
Specifically from this section:

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 8.20.28 AM.png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

For questions 1 and 2, there is an Endpoint Security Admin Guide. That is part of documentation session is actually linked in the SK @PhoneBoy mentioned.

@Alex_Alborzfard If you have any concerns about Check Point products and services, I will be happy to redirect you to relevant people, based on specific complaints.

However, it seems you are mis-representing this particular case in hands. The company you are working for is not a university, as far as I know. If you are trying to access a third party VPN site (your university), it is advisable to get in touch with their security admins before anything else. There are might be some particular details you need to know before taking an action.

If you are interested with clienteles corporate access, I will be happy to get you in touch with your SE and account manager, so they would be able to brief you about our latest SASE corporate access capabilities.

That said, please feel free to contact me via personal message, at any time

0 Kudos
Diogo
Explorer

I have the last version. I used a macbook pro.

I was able to install it without any problems. Now, I cannot configure the connection because it does not open. I was hoping to have a window like the one attached, but nothing appeared. Also, I am not able to uninstall the software.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

To uninstall: 

sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint\ Security/uninstall.sh 

To configure the site, press yes in the screen that opens, then provide ip address or NDS name for your VPN site, then follow the dialog

0 Kudos
Diogo
Explorer

Probably, I was not clear. Nothing appears after I click in connect or any other option. Nothing.

Also, to uninstall, it says the directory does not exist.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

did you try the command above? if yes, and it fails, use --force at the end. 

0 Kudos
Diogo
Explorer

still the same message. What else can i do?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

can you post the screenshot of your command and the error?

0 Kudos
Diogo
Explorer

but besides trying to uninstall the program, isn't there any fix to allow me to work with it?

attached, the print

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please check manually if you still have the library folder for the  client. If you do, use uninstall.sh in the folder to uninstall. If you do not, reboot, because it seems to me, you did uninstall the client already.

I believe your VPN component was missing. Do not install the client again before consulting with your IT guys. They should provide you with the package. 

If still an issue, TAC case is recommended

0 Kudos
eastmac
Explorer

Hi, we updates to 11.4 and now we can't connect anymore.

We running: E83.20 and here on a Book we have E84.30

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events