cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jancarius
Participant
Participant

Virtual Cloud Drives and Endpoint

When running programs like Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, etc, which create a virtual drive which streams content from a cloud. Endpoint seems to interfere with their function without specifically blocking them.  The computer can still navigate to the webpage and access the functions normally from there, but the 'virtual drive' these programs create cannot connect to the cloud. 

However, I'm running in detect-only mode so no prevention should be occurring.  What configuration do I need in order for these types of programs and Endpoint to play nice?  Specifically encountered testing with Box; testing to see if the behavior occurs with GoogleDrive and One Drive as well

Edit: I found this on Box's support page https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043696454-General-Limitations-When-Using-Box-Drive indicating it's a known compatibility issue.  Is there a way in Infinity Portal to exempt this mount as the article mentions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Jancarius
Participant
Participant

Thanks Phoneboy.  We created a chained exclusion for example of Box.exe, as well as a number of other Box processes that we found running.  We used the format like so below:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 144022.jpg

We also tried making one that was wildcarded into the path.  We don't get any logs indicating things are being blocked, so we're not sure what other process we might need.  I presume this wildcard makes it recursive, but not sure.

image.png

OneDrive we also tested and it initially seemed to be working fine, then eventually generated an error.  However, the files were all still accessible so that's acceptable as a fallback plan.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events