cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bac26
Contributor

Stop endpoint proccess

Hello

do you know any way to stop endpoint process? like anti-malware, forensics . Passdialog seems not working anymore and create a policy with no blade installed dont seems nice solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What is the objective of stopping the 'processes' in this context?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

Hello Chris

For troubleshooting purpose or it happened got stuck some processes and neeeded reboot machine but when is a server not nice

Br

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which version of endpoint client are you currently using and where from / how long ago did you obtain passdialog ?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

Version 87.00 and got from support but don't work so try see if other way to stop services

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

@jcortez Are you aware of any issues with passdialog and E87.x?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Chris_Atkinson 

There would be an issue if the older PassDialog.exe tool was being used. I order to use the correct version of PassDialog.exe, you would need to trigger the uninstall of our client and then cancel out the uninstall once you get the password prompt.

You would then need to navigate to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\ and then search for PassDialog.exe. For example, this is where mine was created:

C:\Users\jcortez\AppData\Local\Temp\{30921FC7-785C-4B11-9390-840B403E39DA}\

We no longer provide the PassDialog.exe and Hash.exe tools from support since R&D made it available when triggering the endpoint client uninstall. If a PassDialog.exe tool was provided to the customer, it will not work. Each is version specific AFAIK.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Since old SBA (aka harmony endpoint now) is EDR solution, I believe it can only be stopped/termniated from the portal itself. Do you see any options from the portal or endpoint dashboard to stop it?

Andy

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

Nothing from portal neither from endpoint dashboard 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Are you managing this with cloud portal or on prem endpoint server?

Andy

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

on premises...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Bac26 , just curious, were you able to sort this out?

Hope you contacted TAC if you haven't already.

Cheers mate.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

no they closed my ticket because after reboot the services restarted, but this is not the way

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You mean reboot of that particular endpoint?

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

exactly

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, so sounds like specific process was stuck. Not sure if there is anything TAC could give you after the fact...

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

i just need a procedure to stop single process without rebooting in this case a server.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

The only 2 logical ways I can think of would be either via task manager on the PC itself or via endpoint dashboard, but maybe someone else can confirm for you.

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

both already checked not possible..

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events