cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GianniPapetti
Contributor

Error After upgrading EPS to 81.20

Hi everyone!
Yesterday we updated our SMS also with the role of UEPM Server and the external Policy Server to version 81.20 from 81.10.

To my surprise, no client is able to connect to the external policy server after the upgrade.

This is the error encountered.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.checkpoint.uepm.log.event.DeployedPolicyEvent incompatible with com.checkpoint.uepm.log.event.AgentLogin

After some research in the SK I found this article:
https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk181591

It is clearly mentioned that a hotfix from Check Point is required.

Since the policy server is virtualized, I tried a revert to version 81.10 obviously without success since the versions of UEPM Server 81.20 and EPS 81.10 are not compatible.

At this point I have no alternative between reverting the SMS to 81.10 or creating a new EPS 81.20 from scratch.

Really disappointed 😞

Shields UP

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry to hear that, I would agree it is disappointing : - (. Personally, I would call TAC and see if they can assist, or at least provide the fix mentioned.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

We immediately opened a case for TAC team; let's hope it doesn't take too long.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, but this is just me, I always pick up the phone and call them if its urgent/critical issue that needs to be fixed rather sooner than later.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

If I am not contacted, I will do so tomorrow; I understand that a hotfix can take some time, but not days!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What I did once was when it was taking some time, I called them, said I needed the fix right away and it was provided 10 mins later. I always give people benefit of the doubt, but that benefit goes away if they dont follow through...thats my mentality : - )

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London

Tue 30 Jul 2024 @ 05:00 PM (CEST)

Under the Hood: CloudGuard Controller Unleashed

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London
    CheckMates Events