Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barthnim
Participant
Jump to solution

Problems with VPN and EPS E88.00 on macOS Sonoma

Hi

I have recently installed Endpoint Security E88.00 on macOS Sonoma. And I have big problems connecting to VPN. The VPN client constantly ask me to trust the certificate of the VPN site. I rarely get a connection to the site. VPN server is R81.10.

I am not able to uninstall the client using normal procedure: the uninstall.sh script. Hence, I can't install an earlier version like E87.70 that worked perfectly. Have the same problems on multiple macBooks with the same setup.

Has someone here had the same problems and can help? Is there a different way of uninstalling the EPS client?

Cheers
Barth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dnelre
Explorer

Hi,

I solved this by running the "/Library/Application Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint Security/uninstall_ME.sh" script manually (using sudo) and then running the "/Library/Application Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint Security/uninstall.sh" script again. After a reboot I was able to install an older version of EPS.

-Erlend

View solution in original post

(1)
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey,

You can try below to uninstall it

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint/Uninstall-Check-Point-from-a-MacBook-Pro/td-p/188128

But, before you do so, have you checked if other users have same issue, because if they do, its most likely NOT a client problem. Maybe try delete and re-create a site itself and see if same issue happens.

Best,

Andy

dnelre
Explorer

Hi,

I solved this by running the "/Library/Application Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint Security/uninstall_ME.sh" script manually (using sudo) and then running the "/Library/Application Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint Security/uninstall.sh" script again. After a reboot I was able to install an older version of EPS.

-Erlend

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for sharing that, great to know!

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
barthnim
Participant

Hi 

This solved the issue. The Uninstall_ME.sh was hanging and did not fininsh on my installation. By running that script manually and then run the normal Uninstall.sh afterwards solved the issue with removing the E88.00 installation on macOS Sonoma. 

I have installed the E87.00 which works 100%.

Cheers
Barth 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Awesome! I see in the portal it shows below as recommended for Mac, but most important is that you got it working.

Andy

Screenshot_2.png

barthnim
Participant

Thanks!

At this time I would not recomend using E88.00 on macOS Sonoma. The VPN client has problems with the VPN portal certificate. You are asked to trust the certificate over and over again. And sometimes it works? So problem seems to be with retrival of certificate and revers DNS maybe?

Cheers

Barth

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its possible...as far as E88, I would NOT bother with it for now, at least for Mac. On my windows, works great though, but its barebone vPN client, not edr.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events