languange_RESPOSTA.png

This information does not match what you gave @JonnyRabinowitz

(1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

That is not how it is and what you describe is not aligned with the data that I have shared

I will try again to explain and hope it can be clear

What has not changed in E88.41?

• Same 11 languages are supported on the client 
  • Same 11 languages can be selected from client settings - user interface (the screen shot you shared)

So what has changed in E88.41?

• Change functionality only occurs on the first installation of client (not upgrade) and client language is OS locale
  • Can understand the changes by looking at data in this table https://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-codes.php. For each locale can see a "Language Code" and an LCID. For the case of the Portuguese language we can see the following entries
    Local  Language Code   LCID    
    Portuguese - Brazil pt pt-br 1046 416 1252
    Portuguese - Portugal pt pt-pt 2070 816 1252
    Now installation detects LCID on OS and checks if corresponding Language Code is available. Therefore for both LCID 1046 and 2070 the same pt - Portuguese language - will be selected

This is functionally available on new installation. That is why I wanted to understand whether this functionality can enhance experience for your users and if so will try and see if can be prioritized for other language related flows - like when language is selected from the client settings

Hope that is clear. Look forward to your feedback

View solution in original post

16 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @lluner . Personally, if I were you, I would follow up with your local SE about it to get an official statement what the case actually is, as clearly the information does NOT match.

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Enterprise Endpoint Security E88.10 Windows Clients 

Release Date February 19, 2024
Release Home page  For Downloads and Documentation, see sk181927
Release Highlights
  • Endpoint Security Client installer now supports the Czech, Greek, Ukrainian, and Portuguese languages.
-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
lluner
Collaborator

hi lesley 

Doesn't have support for Brazilian Portuguese , who said it was the TAC.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

And that is why you should update TAC case with Link where Johnny Rabinovitz said it is supported, so they can see the statement. That way, there is no confusion.

If, even after that, they still insists its not supported, simply show that to your customer.

Thats what I would do, personally.

Andy

0 Kudos
lluner
Collaborator

hi the_rock

I wanted an answer from @JonnyRabinowitz , because if it's going to depend on the TAC it's very difficult.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I get it, so lets wait for him. Where are you located in Brazil by the way?

Andy

0 Kudos
lluner
Collaborator
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, nice place...when I was in Brazil during world soccer cup 2014, good times 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry cannot help with that, or I think most people here.

Maybe there is a Early Availability (EA) version or special version

Then it can cause internal discussion maybe.

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree 100%

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Hi Lucas

TAC have been in touch with me and I have shared all the details with them. However, what you heard from TAC is the same as what I wrote on other thread and repeated below

======================================================

EPS-56353 Enhancement: The system now employs a more accurate language detection mechanism to automatically select the appropriate localized user interface language based on the Operating System default settings, providing a seamless experience without manual selection.

Functionality at time of cleaan installation and can see that multiple locals can get mapped tot he same language

In case of Portuguese, 1046 and 2070 get mapped to Portuguese language

1046: Portuguese - Brazil
2070: Portuguese - Portugal

================================================

The change made was that both 1046 and 2070 get mapped to Portuguese language

Question is whether this meets your requirements and to have LCID 1046 (Portuguese - Brazil) mapped to Portuguese language?

Would appreciate your feedback on this question and can then take next steps

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats super interesting...so sounds like it maps those 2 versions of the language to the same language.

0 Kudos
lluner
Collaborator

Hi Jonny 

What I understood is that the language would be able to take from the S.O or you select in the management, but in it there is no Brazilian Portuguese

Captura de tela 2024-07-05 083217.png2024-07-05_08-31.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im pretty sure if its not there, it wont be available : - (

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

That is not how it is and what you describe is not aligned with the data that I have shared

I will try again to explain and hope it can be clear

What has not changed in E88.41?

• Same 11 languages are supported on the client 
  • Same 11 languages can be selected from client settings - user interface (the screen shot you shared)

So what has changed in E88.41?

• Change functionality only occurs on the first installation of client (not upgrade) and client language is OS locale
  • Can understand the changes by looking at data in this table https://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-codes.php. For each locale can see a "Language Code" and an LCID. For the case of the Portuguese language we can see the following entries
    Local  Language Code   LCID    
    Portuguese - Brazil pt pt-br 1046 416 1252
    Portuguese - Portugal pt pt-pt 2070 816 1252
    Now installation detects LCID on OS and checks if corresponding Language Code is available. Therefore for both LCID 1046 and 2070 the same pt - Portuguese language - will be selected

This is functionally available on new installation. That is why I wanted to understand whether this functionality can enhance experience for your users and if so will try and see if can be prioritized for other language related flows - like when language is selected from the client settings

Hope that is clear. Look forward to your feedback

lluner
Collaborator

hi jonny 

Yes, now the understanding is clear

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events