cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
secronis
Participant
Jump to solution

Endpoint New GUI

Has anyone seen the new GUI? When can we expect this? Also can we get that padlock tray icon change to the new checkpoint logo? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcortez
Employee
Employee

Ah okay, I see. I am glad you like our products. Hearing this is a breathe of fresh air =). In regards to BETA/EA clients, I am sure you are well aware but we do not release a BETA/EA client for every client version. Especially now since we release a new client version every month now to keep up with bugs in our client, changes in OS platforms we support and hardware changes constantly happening in the world today.

Currently the ETA for our  E86.40 client is 3/20/2022 but of course this is subject to being postponed and delayed.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team

View solution in original post

jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Hrvoje_Brlek 

Unfortunately, even with R81.20, which is our latest server version, we still do not have that option for On-Premise. However, there is a registry key value that you can edit to make the change. It is located here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\UIFramework\ClassicUI

Value of 1 = Old/Classic UI will be used

Value of 0 = New UI will be used

Check to see if that works for you.

Justin Cortez

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Are you referring to the Endpoint Mgmt Web UI introduced with R81 and above?

As you're aware the icon has been discussed previously here, if it's important to you please discuss an RFE with your local SE. https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint/Endpoint-tray-icon-change/m-p/138274

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
secronis
Participant

The client UI not web. 

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

The "beta" new endpoint client UI. If I remember correctly I initially saw it in E86.10 version

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks both for clarifying it's available to experience/test in beta form in E86.20 as shown.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
secronis
Participant

We need the 86.40 beta! This is becoming impossible. Someone help seriously.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If there is a non cosmetic issue that you're facing outside of that described here that we can follow-up please share the SR in private?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@secronis 

Why do you need a E86.40 BETA/EA client? What is the reason?

We need the 86.40 beta! This is becoming impossible. Someone help seriously.

Our E86.20 client is GA and has this New UI option. Every client release until the New UI is GA is going to just have the New UI as BETA/EA. AFAIK the New UI will not be GA in E86.40. Also we do not have a E86.40 BETA/EA client available.

Justin Cortez
0 Kudos
secronis
Participant

We are check point fan boys. We just wanted to preview the finished GUI. That's all. Some people like a pretty product. We will wait to until GA. Nevertheless check point is the best.

jcortez
Employee
Employee

Ah okay, I see. I am glad you like our products. Hearing this is a breathe of fresh air =). In regards to BETA/EA clients, I am sure you are well aware but we do not release a BETA/EA client for every client version. Especially now since we release a new client version every month now to keep up with bugs in our client, changes in OS platforms we support and hardware changes constantly happening in the world today.

Currently the ETA for our  E86.40 client is 3/20/2022 but of course this is subject to being postponed and delayed.

Justin Cortez
Tobias_Karsbo
Contributor

Hi.

Just for info.

When using the new UI, the option to "right click" the pad lock and choose "disable network protection" is gone.

We have some users that sometimes temporary need to shutdown network protection sometime.
(they have a policy that allow that)

Switching back to the old UI, that option is back.

Just as info.

/Tobias

jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Tobias_Karsbo

Yes this is known. I should be fixed in the future. This New UI is still BETA.

Justin Cortez
0 Kudos
secronis
Participant

Can I suggest that CP changes the tray icon from the "padlock" to the new CP Logo 🙂

Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

@jcortez we deployed 87.10 endpoint and this issue still exists, there is no option to "Shutdown Network Protection" when "right clicking" the pad lock, in the old UI it works perfectly.

BTW is there a possibility to force the old UI while deploying/installing the client (without human interaction)?

0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Hrvoje_Brlek 

Yes the new endpoint client UI is still missing features which is why the old UI is still an option. If you need all features that came with the old UI and not yet part of the new UI, then you will need to use the old UI.

And about controlling the UI for installation, there is a policy option if you are on Harmony Endpoint Cloud/EPMaaS under 'Policy >> Client Settings >> User Interface". The you will see a 'New client user interface' drop down option and you would want to set that to 'Off', save and install policy. This will set the old UI by default.

Disable_New_Client_UI.png

Justin Cortez
0 Kudos
Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

@jcortez 

Unfortunately, we are using on-prem SmartEndpoint 80.40 (planning to upgrade soon to 81.10), so I suppose the user interface option isn't available?

New client versions are being deployed via SCCM in our organization.

0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Hrvoje_Brlek 

Unfortunately, even with R81.20, which is our latest server version, we still do not have that option for On-Premise. However, there is a registry key value that you can edit to make the change. It is located here:

Value of 0 = New UI will be used

Check to see if that works for you.

Justin Cortez
Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

My colleagues confirmed that it works! 

0 Kudos
SimonSchreiber9
Explorer

Hi

The regkey is working. But we have the "problem" that our users starting with the new checkpoint version the first time. After login the regkey will be change via loginscript in the background. How can we restart the GUI with userrights?

0 Kudos
SimonSchreiber9
Explorer

Hi

Just a question. We are using the endpoint Version 86.60.
Normal we enroll the software via Baramundi. The standard config is with the new UI.
To change the registry Key to

is not the problem. The point is, when our script changes the regkey after login, how can we restart the GUI that it changes to the old GUI?

Is there any command like the same, when i click in checkpoint on change GUI?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
SimonSchreiber9
Explorer

Hi

Just a question. We are using the endpoint Version 86.60.
Normal we enroll the software via Baramundi. The standard config is with the new UI.
To change the registry Key to

is not the problem. The point is, when our script changes the regkey after login, how can we restart the GUI that it changes to the old GUI?

Is there any command like the same, when i click in checkpoint on change GUI?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
SimonSchreiber9
Explorer

Hi,

is there any silent command - to change the GUI without the "Switch UI" Button?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events