cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comsec_Gsim
Participant

23000 HDD 1TB in 26000 appliance

Hello.

Do anybody knows if a 1TB HDD from a 23500 appliance works in a 26000 chassis?

We found CPAC-HDD-1T-B and CPAC-HDD-1T-C order codes, but they have the same Segate Exos SATA HDD and possibly also the same mechanical tray.

There's not much info or pictures around on them.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Looking at data sheets for both models, SKU for 1 TB HDD differs by last letter (as you indicated), so not 100% positive if it would work. To be on the safe side, I would personally verify with your local SE person. Better be safe than sorry later, because its worth noting that if you put a part thats not officially supported by the vendor for that specific appliance (though it may work), if you ever need RMA, you will most likely have trouble. 

Andy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It'll probably work, assuming there aren't any physical issues that prevent mounting or connection in the appliance.
Supported is an entirely different matter.
For that, you'll probably need to engage your Check Point SE.

0 Kudos
Comsec_Gsim
Participant

well, I managed to give a closer look.

disk carriers are 100% identical and there's no P/N or S/N anywhere on it, and inside it's only a standard Serial ATA HDD with nothing else added.

It's not like cards and transceivers that have custom electronics and may justify the newer -C variants.

They're both standard Seagate EXOS HDDs with original firmware, no custom mods.

Also same size, same disks, same heads and same sectori size, very similar data rates.

Only difference is 26000 comes now with a newer Seagate Exos 7E8 variant ST1000NM000A from 2019.

Last 23000 RMAd disks are Seagate Exos 7E2 variant ST1000NM0008 from 2017

Initial 23000 disks are Exos 7E8 ST1000NM0055 from 2016

So there is model variation over time also on the same platform, as very common for server HDDs also.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I assume we have the -B or -C on the SKU to signify those (sometimes, but not always) minor differences.
If official support is an issue, I would still check with the TAC. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Typically -B (2016) and -C (2020) accessories are not interchangeable between the respective appliance series from a support perspective.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events